Patellofemoral pain is largely the most common type of knee pain and is a challenging condition to treat because it presents in several different ways. This course focuses on how to perform an expert assessment of the anterior knee and how to develop a tailored treatment plan.
There is so much more to managing patellofemoral pain than VMO exercises and patellar taping and there is no place for a one-size-fits-all approach. This course will provide you with a superior ability assess and treat patients with patellofemoral pain:
- What are an individuals’ primary pain drivers, and which associated with their presentation?
- How can we manage an individuals’ pain and how does this integrate into their overall management plan?
- When and how should we be looking to influence a patients’ structure, biomechanics, activity levels or psychosocial factors and how may this change through the management process?
HYBRID LEARNING : This course concludes
- 3 hours of pre-recorded lectures (precourse e-learning)
- 7 hours live and offline workshop.
- Further develop your existing skills in:
- assessing the anterior knee
- using adjuncts (foot orthoses, taping, neuromuscular stimulation)
- exercise prescription
- running/movement re-training
- education and activity modification
- Improve your ability to develop and deliver tailored management to individuals with patellofemoral pain
Kinesitherapeuten, sportkinesitherapeuten, manueel therapeuten, podologen,...
PQK - Algemeen kinesitherapeutisch - 20
PQK - Manuele therapie (automatisch toegevoegd) - 20
350€ (excl. btw), 30% korting indien betaling met KMO-Portefeuille (bij uw aanvraag dient u te opteren voor het thema 'beroepsspecifieke competenties')
- Toegang tot het electronisch leerplatform + 3u voorbereidend lesmateriaal
- Syllabus, lunch en koffiepauzes (offline dag).
3 hours of pre-recorded lectures, to cover:
- Aetiology of patellofemoral pain
- Risk factors and associated drivers in patellofemoral pain
- Principles of assessment of the anterior knee
- Evidence underpinning and principles of exercise prescription
- Adjuncts for patellofemoral pain and their supporting evidence
- Evidence underpinning and principles of running/movement re-training
7 hour live and offline workshop, to cover:
- Assessment of the anterior knee
- Exercise prescription for patellofemoral pain rehabilitation
- Adjuncts for patellofemoral pain (foot orthoses & taping techniques
- Running/movement re-training for patellofemoral pain
- Question & answer session with case scenarios