This unique course explores the connection between Pelvic Floor Function and Dysfunction and the role the pelvic floor plays in sport and activity in both males and females. It will help Pelvic Health Physios to understand this connection in depth and deliver insights in treating an athletic population with pelvic pain.
There’s a lot to take into account when working with athletes who present with pain in the pelvic area. An extensive assessment and differential diagnosis is hugely important. This course will address this thoroughly and make you more experienced in setting up the right treatment programme and have better outcome results with patients in a sports population.
The course will have a theoretical basis as well as practical assessment and clinical reasoning and will consist of lectures where interaction will be encouraged.
The practical labs will help consolidate the clinical reasoning with the taught practical skills.
The course will look at:
- How to assess the connection between the hip,the groin and pelvic floor
- How to assess the lumbar spine, sacroiliac joints and the lower limb for factors contributing to your patient’s pelvic pain
- Tests you can perform to differentiate hip joint, sacroiliac joints and lumbar spine involvement in pelvic pain
- Differential diagnosis of common hip and groin injuries- including hernia and nerve issues
- The practical labs will help consolidate the clinical reasoning with the taught practical skills. We will finetune the internal techniques and the neural techniques, for example for N. pudendus, N. ilioinguinalis, N. genitofemoralis, N. cluneal posterior, …
Deze opleiding richt zich enerzijds op kinesitherapeuten zonder bijzondere bekwaamheid in pelvische reëducatie, maar met een grote interesse in het begeleiden van behandelen van vrouwen tijdens de zwangerschap. Anderzijds geeft deze opleiding voor reeds gespecialiseerde kinesitherapeuten aanvullende kennis en skills.
Pro-Q Kine 24ptn
640€ (excl btw) , 30% korting indien betaling met KMO-Portefeuille
Syllabus, lunch en koffiepauzes