Temporomandibular Disorders (TMD) refer to several highly common clinical disorders that involve the masticatory muscles, the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and the adjacent structures. TMD is one of the most frequent causes of orofacial pain & headache and is associated with basic functional limitations such as difficulties in chewing, talking and yawning. Additionally TMD patients tend to suffer from other disabling pain syndromes such as migraine, tension type HA and neck pain – therefore introducing a challenge to clinicians.
In this course, participants will learn an effective evidence informed assessment & practical management of people with TMD.
Lectures (40%) & practical sessions (60%)
After completing the course participant will be able to:
- Know the up to date scientific background of musculoskeletal pain & dysfunction in the Cranio-Mandibular region
- Recognize signs & symptoms of serious medical problems (not musculoskeletal) in people with Cranio-Mandibular pain ( i.e. red flags) and will know how to respond accordingly
- Practically know how to assess, evaluate & recognize common clinical patterns in people with TMD
- Practical use of the relevant clinical reasoning for management of people with TMD
- Effectively & safely treat people with TMD using hands on & exercise modalities
Tzvika Greenbaum is a Physiotherapist since 2004, with combined clinical Master degree in Musculoskeletal & Sports fields from the University of South Australia (2006). During and following his studies in Adelaide (Australia) he has specialized in Manual Therapy for patients with neck pain and headache. He studied from leading clinicians such as dr. Dean Watson (headache clinician and researcher).
Tzvika is a private clinician in the Herzlia Medical Center Experts clinic (Tel Aviv) where he mainly treats patients with neck & back pain, headaches and temporomandibular disorders. He has been teaching since 2011 Physiotherapists and other health professionals at the post-graduate level about rehabilitation of people with neck pain, headache and temporomandibular disorders. He’s also a certified instructor of the international David G Simons Academy since 2014.
Tzvika Greenbaum is also in an advanced stage of his PhD project that is being done in cooperation between the Physiotherapy department and the Dental School of Tel Aviv University. In their study they assess the involvement of the upper neck in patients with different temporomandibular disorders.
Kinesitherapeuten, manueel therapeuten, artsen, osteopaten en chiropractoren.
- Pro-Q Kine 24 punten
- UBC-BVC 14pt
560€ (excl. btw), 30% korting indien betaling met KMO-Portefeuille
Syllabus, lunch en koffiepauzes.
Detail cursusinhoud : content day 1 -2