Build a better body for a better run. Most runners spend the bulk of their time throwing more running volume at their same body, with little success at improving their biomechanics and athletic potential. As leaders in the clinical and performance training world, we need to shift the discussion from running quantity to training quality.
Participants will leave with the knowledge to blur the worlds of motor learning, physiological adaptation, and strength and conditioning to develop targeted performance plans for their athletes, from day one of their injury through their peak race of the year. Any time we ask runners to take additional time from their schedules, they may ask “is this worth it?” You’ll build the knowledge to answer this clearly, and deliver the help they need.
Set your running athletes up for success by:
- Developing a working understanding of the biomechanics of running gait, specifically with respect to symmetry, body stress, and economy
- To improve performance: Understand how the ground reaction force influences the bioenergetics of running gait and how to train for improved athletic capacity.
- Developing an understanding of the nervous system’s role in improving precision movement and power development
- Understand the nuances of the nervous system adaptations to strength and plyometric training to ensure that you are using each effectively at the right times in the season.
- Be able to dose and apply specific mobility, stability, strength, and power exercises and drills to optimize athletic capacity, with an understanding of its specific impact on running gait.
- Ensure that your interventions deliver the most benefit for the least amount of risk.
- Develop competency to assemble periodized strength and conditioning plans for running-specific gains.
Kinesitherapeuten, sportartsen, osteopaten, podologen
Pro-Q Kine 14 punten
290€ excl btw, 30% korting indien betaling met KMO-Portefeuille
Syllabus, lunch en koffiepauzes.