PowerTalk : Functional assessment of the female pelvic floorDirect aanmelden
This Power talk will discuss why a functional assessments of the vagina and pelvic floor are an easy and powerful adjunct to your current assessments and treatments.
Especially for female athletes it is an added value to examine the pelvic floor in other positions. Just think of urine loss or complaints of a prolapse during walking, jumping, weightlifting, ... In a functional posture it becomes clearer why certain complaints occur and how you can integrate this into therapy and building up exercises.
After an overview of the functional anatomy of the female pelvic floor, we will focus on how to apply assessments and treatments of the pelvic floor in positions and movements that aren’t just laying on the bed (eg abdominal crunches, bridge, standing, squatting etc).
- Cover the latest research and evidence for functional vaginal and pelvic floor assessments
- Discover if assessment findings from crook lie can predict what will be found in standing
- Describe normal functional anatomy and function of the female pelvic floor in the upright position
- Overview of how to examine pelvic floor in different positions.
- Formulate functional treatment plans based on assessment findings
Kinesitherapeuten, pelvische kinesitherapeuten, vroedvrouwen, artsen,...
4 pt PQK
66€ (excl btw)
Syllabus, uitgesteld kijken mogelijk tot 48u na het verzenden van de opname