Docent : Tzvika Greenbaum, BPT MaPT Manip & Sports (Israël)
The upper neck is a unique spinal anatomical region which requires a special clinical approach in rehabilitation. It is a very mobile region with highly accurate and sensitive motor skills and with important neurological connections to the vestibular, ocular and trigeminal nervous systems. Noxious stimuli & dysfunction in this region may quite easily lead to cranio-facial pain (Cervicogenic Headache) and sensory-motor complaints as dizziness.
This region tends to response well to manual therapy techniques combined with specific therapeutic exercise.
In this course, participants will learn an effective evidence based assessment & practical management of people with musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction in their cranio-cervical region.
Aims & Learning Objectives :
After completing to course participant will be able to:
– Know the up to date scientific background of musculoskeletal pain & dysfunction in the cranio-cervical region (mainly cervicogenic headache & cervicogenic dizziness)
– Recognize signs & symptoms of serious medical problem (non-musculoskeletal) in people with headaches/dizziness and will know how to response accordingly
– Practically know how to assess, evaluate & recognize common clinical patterns in people with musculoskeletal pain & dysfunction in the cranio-cervical region (mainly cervicogenic headache & dizziness)
– Practically use a relevant clinical reasoning model of management in people with cervicogenic headache & dizziness
– Effectively & safely treat people with cervicogenic headache & dizziness
Lectures (40%) & practical sessions (60%)
Detail cursusinhoud : content day 1 -2
Datum : donderdag 12 en vrijdag 13 maart ’20 van 9u-17u
Doelgroep van de cursus : Kinesitherapeuten, manueel therapeuten, artsen, osteopaten en chiropractoren.
Prijs : 530€ (excl btw) , 40% korting indien betaling met KMO-Portefeuille
Inbegrepen : Syllabus, warme maaltijd en koffiepauzes.
Accreditatie : Pro-Q Kine 24pt
Tzvika Greenbaum is a Physiotherapist since 2004, with combined clinical Master degree in Musculoskeletal & Sports fields from the University of South Australia (2006). During and following his studies in Adelaide (Australia) he has specialized in Manual Therapy for patients with neck pain and headache. He studied from leading clinicians such as dr. Dean Watson (headache clinician and researcher).
Tzvika is a private clinician in the Herzlia Medical Center Experts clinic (Tel Aviv) where he mainly treats patients with neck & back pain, headaches and temporomandibular disorders. He has been teaching since 2011 Physiotherapists and other health professionals at the post-graduate level about rehabilitation of people with neck pain, headache and temporomandibular disorders. He’s also a dry needling certified instructor of the international David G Simons Academy since 2014.
He’s also in an advanced stage of his PhD project that is being done in cooperation between the Physiotherapy department and the Dental School of Tel Aviv University. In their study they assess the involvement of the upper neck in patients with different temporomandibular disorders.