The Elbow Complex Demystified
A 1-day workshop covering the evidence-based assessment and management of individuals with elbow disorders and dysfunction. The Elbow course is designed to enhance the participant’s knowledge and skills in the evidence-based management of individuals with elbow disorders and dysfunction. The course focuses on clinical reasoning via case presentations and hands-on skill development necessary to effectively perform a comprehensive elbow evaluation with an understanding of how the elbow is of vital importance in upper limb function. Participants will learn and receive hands-on practice of evidence-based treatments including assessment techniques, taping, strength progression and exercises to improve stability and range.
Aims & Learning Objectives :
At the end of this course students will be able to:
– Locate and discuss appropriate elbow anatomy and pathology,
– Perform a comprehensive elbow evaluation to determine the cause of dysfunction
– Select appropriate special tests to evaluate the elbow complex
– Discuss evidence-based treatments for conservative care of a variety of elbow conditions, including:
– Tennis elbow
– Elbow instability, including management of elbow dislocation
– Fractures around the elbow
– Management of the post-traumatic stiff elbow
– Ulnar nerve neuropathy
– Osteoarthritis of the elbow
– Understand the precautions and evidence-based care of postoperative treatment
Datum : vrijdag 20 maart ’20 – 9u-17u
Doelgroep van de cursus : Kinesitherapeuten, manueel therapeuten en osteopaten.
Prijs : 270€ (excl btw) , 30% korting indien betaling met KMO-Portefeuille
Inbegrepen : Syllabus, lunchbuffet en koffiepauzes.
Accreditatie : Pro-Q Kine 14pt , UBC-BVC 7pt
Val Jones is a Clinical Physiotherapy Specialist working at the Sheffield Shoulder and Elbow Unit at the Sheffield Teaching Hospital Foundation Trust and also works in private practice. She lectures nationally and internationally about the assessment and rehabilitation of the elbow joint. Val has published in peer reviewed journals and is a previous AHP representative on the British Elbow and Shoulder Society Council, as well as being the current UK national delegate for EUSSER. She has organised and presented upon the highly successful Sheffield Elbow course for Physiotherapists and has recently been awarded a prestigious Copeland Fellowship from the British Elbow and Shoulder Society, travelling to Cape Town.
- Mayr, H. and Zaffagnini, S. (2015) Prevention of injuries and overuse in sports – Specific aspects of throwing sports in recreational and competitive sports. [ebook]
- Pederzini, L., Eygendaal, D. and Denti, M. (2016) Rehabilitation of the Elbow. [ebook]
- Jones, V. (2016) Conservative management of the post-traumatic stiff elbow: a physiotherapist’s perspective.
- Jones, V. (2009) Physiotherapy in the management of tennis elbow: a review. Shoulder & Elbow, 1: 108–113.