Docent : Jay Dicharry (USA)
Data & programma
– SESSIE 1 : vrijdag 18 september ’20 – 15.00-18.00
– SESSIE 2 : dinsdag 22 september ’20 – 15.00-18.00
Course content :
Build a better body for a better run. Most runners spend the bulk of their time throwing more running volume at their same body, with little success at improving their biomechanics and athletic potential. As leaders in the clinical and performance training world, we need to shift the discussion from running quantity to training quality.
Participants will leave with the knowledge to blur the worlds of motor learning, physiological adaptation, and strength and conditioning to develop targeted performance plans for their athletes, from day one of their injury through their peak race of the year. Any time we ask runners to take additional time from their schedules, they may ask “is this worth it?” You’ll build the knowledge to answer this clearly, and deliver the help they need. Set your running athletes up for success by:
• Developing a working understanding of the biomechanics of running gait, specifically with respect to symmetry, body stress, and economy
• To improve performance: Understand how the ground reaction force influences the bioenergetics of running gait and how to train for improved athletic capacity.
• Developing an understanding of the nervous system’s role in improving precision movement and power development
• Understand the nuances of the nervous system adaptations to strength and plyometric training to ensure that you are using each effectively at the right times in the season.
• Be able to dose and apply specific mobility, stability, strength, and power exercises and drills to optimize athletic capacity, with an understanding of its specific impact on running gait.
• Ensure that your interventions deliver the most benefit for the least amount of risk.
• Develop competency to assemble periodized strength and conditioning plans for running-specific gains.
Doelgroep van de cursus : Kinesitherapeuten, sportartsen, osteopaten, podologen.
Prijs : 210€ excl. BTW, 30% korting indien betaling met KMO-Portefeuille
Accreditatie : Pro-Q Kine 14ptn
Jay Dicharry is a physical therapist, biomechanics researcher, author in Bend (Oregon-USA). He built his international reputation as an expert in biomechanical analysis as Director of the SPEED Clinic at the University of Virginia, and now as Director of the REP Biomechanics Lab in Bend, Oregon. Jay blurs the lines between clinical practice, coaching, and engineering to solve injury problems and optimize performance. He’s author of “Running Rewired” and “Anatomy for Runners“, writes columns for numerous magazines, and has published over thirty-five professional journal articles and book chapters. Jay has had an active research career, and consults and teaches for numerous footwear companies, the cycling industry, the US Air Force, USA Track and Field, and USA Triathlon. Having taught in the Sports Medicine program at UVA, he brings a strong bias towards patient education. His expertise in injury prevention, rehab, and performance training is sought out by athletes across the world.
Podcast met Jay Dicharry (klik op foto)