Ankle sprains are the most prevalent lower limb musculoskeletal injury incurred by athletes (across all levels of competition) who participate in field- and court-sports. However, all too often colloquial terms such as a “rolled” or “twisted” ankle are used to describe an acute ankle sprain injury. In reality, acute ankle sprains are rarely ever a “simple” injury. Ankle sprains have the highest re-injury rate of all lower limb musculoskeletal injuries! Considering the high prevalence, efforts to prevent ankle sprain injuries and their associated impairments should be a priority amongst the sports physiotherapy community.
This 1-day course will provide a comprehensive evidence-informed overview of clinical assessment, rehabilitation and prevention of ankle sprain injuries, with a particular focus on the sensorimotor impairments associated with chronic ankle instability. The course will be an essential update and guide for clinicians working with field- and court-sport athletes. As an update, this symposium will present the most up-to-date peer-reviewed strategies. As a guide, it will outline how physiotherapists can effectively implement these strategies as part of their daily practice.
- To develop a comprehensive understanding of the theory and practice related to the ‘ROAST’ consensus statement
- To develop an understanding of the theory related to impaired static and dynamic postural balance
- To be able to objectively assess static postural balance and plan an evidence-based static postural balance rehabilitation programme
- To be able to objectively assess dynamic postural balance and plan an evidence-based dynamic postural balance rehabilitation programme
- To be able to plan an evidence-informed gait rehabilitation programme
- To be able to plan an evidence-informed hopping and landing rehabilitation programme
- To be able to make informed choices regarding the use of ankle joint bracing and taping
Kinesitherapeuten, sportkinesitherapeuten, manueel therapeuten, sportartsen,…
Pro-Q Kine 14 ptn
270€ (excl btw) , 30% korting indien betaling met KMO-Portefeuille
Syllabus, lunch en koffiepauzes.